Native Youth Communications Bootcamp
July 10 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC-7Free
You’ve got the message. We’ve got the tools. Join us for a Native Youth Communications Boot Camp (#NYCB) for UNITY National Conference attendees on July 10th, 9 am – 1pm. Hosted by UNITY in partnership with WeRNative and the Center for Native American Youth, this immersive half-day training session will teach strategies for effective advocacy messaging, techniques for maximum reach and engagement, and give Native youth a jump start on designing and launching the digital change campaign of their choice. Registration is limited to the first 50 youth who sign up.
DRAFT AGENDA: July 10,2017 | 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Welcome/Ice Breaker/Bootcamp Overview
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Crafting Your Message
- Presentation: Starting with the WHY
- Presentation: Overview of delivery options (video, photography, text message)
- Brainstorm Time: Youth describe their message by answering the three questions from the video: WHY is this important, HOW will I deliver my message, WHAT will I say.
- 2:30 pm – 2:40 pm Bio Break
- 2:40 pm – 2:50 pm How will I know I’ve been successful?
- Presentation: Overview of evaluation methods with examples.
- Brainstorm Time (in groups): Goal setting (e.g., “I want to reach X many people; I want X people to share my video/photo/message or sign up for my text updates.”.
- Presentation: Introduce ‘Eval Challenge. Prizes for:
- Most Impressions
- Most Engagement
- Most Momentum?
- Most Influence?
- 2:50 pm – 3:00 pm Regroup
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm CREATE
- 3:30 – 3:45 Plan
- 3:45 – 4:15 Shoot/Film/Write
- 4:15 – 4:30 Finish Up
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Group Presentations / Next Steps