Deadline for Scholarship Applications Extended!
UNITY will award four individuals (two young women and two young men) $1,000 each, during the 2017 National UNITY Conference.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant:
- Must be an active member of a UNITY youth council or an active individual UNITY member;
- Must have graduated from high school or received a GED certificate;
- Will be attending college or a post-secondary training program this fall. The applicant can already be attending college or post-secondary training;
- Must show financial need;
- Must be willing to work hard to achieve educational goals;
- Must show commitment to upholding the mission of UNITY and to help improve the quality of life for all Native people;
- Must have application endorsed by youth council advisor, tribal/village leader, or other school/community official;
- Must participate in the 2017 National UNITY Conference in Denver, Colorado, July 6-10, 2017.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 16, 2017.
NOTE: These scholarships are not necessarily for the most outstanding individuals, but rather for those with educational goals and who need additional financial support.
Also, should it be determined that the applications received do not meet the above criteria; the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to postpone awarding one or both scholarships.