Join the Indigi-Wellness Champion Campaign Contest
Calling all UNITY Wellness Warriors to join the Indigi-Wellness Champion Campaign Contest! You could win these amazing prizes by posting photo. As part of UNITY’s ongoing efforts to promote mental wellness, we partnered with the National Council of Urban Indian Health, to launch this online campaign contest from September 10-20, 2019!
The Indigi-Wellness Champion Campaign is aimed at promoting the overall health of Native Youth across Indian country by challenging YOU to challenge yourself and peers to embody an Indigenous Wellness Champion. An Indigenous Wellness Champion means you embrace your indigenous identity, you let your culture be the armor that protects you, you use platforms to share tools that maintain self-wellness and wellness for other Native youth and you empower other Native youth to be resilient for future generations.
If this is you or someone you know, get involved by posting on social media showing how you stay resilient in your community and how you embody an Indigenous Wellness Champion. Be sure to include the following hashtags (#ThisIsNative #CultureIsPrevention #NCUIH #NCUIHYC18), confirm by pressing “YES” on our event page link below that you will participate our contest, and you are one step closer to winning some awesome prizes and bundles.
An Indigenous Wellness Champion is one who:
- Embraces their “indigeneity” = indigenous identity.
- Let’s their culture be the armor that protects them and gets help when they need
- Uses various platforms to provide tools to create and maintain self-wellness and wellness for other Native youth.
- Promotes resilience and wellness to empower future generations
- Is using Resiliency approaches in their everyday lives (Stay informed, understand wellness and share wellness and resiliency tools).
All AI/AN youth and allies across Indian Country are invited to participate.
- Who: All AI/AN youth up to the age of 24 years old.
- What: NCUIH Inaugural Youth Advisory Council’s Indigi-Wellness Champion Campaign Contest
- When: Participate online September 10th, 2019 – September 20th, 2019. Winners will be announced on September 29th.
- Where: Uploading your social media posts on your Facebook, Twitter and or Instagram. Putting your settings are Public for the NCUIH’s Office to view your submission.
- Why:Our two campaigns are designed to help empower AI/AN youth to develop resiliency, and improve overall health for the next seven generations!
For more information contact: Sebouh Kouyoumjian, [email protected], 202-544-0344