National UNITY Council Election Petition Now Open: Join the Executive Committee Today!
Each year, during the National UNITY Conference, there is a National UNITY Council business meeting that takes place. It is here the voting members (one male and one female from every affiliated youth council and affiliated individual members of UNITY) elect new members to the National UNITY Council Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is comprised of t Co-Presidents, one male and one female, and ten Area Representatives to represent the ten geographical regions within the UNITY network.
The ten geographical areas and the states included in each are defined as follows:
- Great Plains – Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Midwest – Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Northwest – Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Northwest – Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alaska
- Pacific – California, Hawaii
- Rocky Mountains – Montana, Wyoming
- SouthEast – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
- Southern Plains – Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas
- Southwest – Colorado, New Mexico
- Western – Arizona Nevada, Utah
Your online petitions must be filed and successfully submitted by the due date, Friday, June 7th, 2019, at 11:59pm (Pacific Daylight Time).
- Candidate eligibility will be confirmed before ballots are prepared.
- Confirmed candidates will have the opportunity to offer a speech to their constituents before the National UNITY Conference Business Meeting.
- Candidates must be present at the National UINTY Conference in Orlando, Florido, July 4-8, 2019.
- If elected, a mandatory Executive Committee orientation will take place in the morning on July 8th. Late evening flights for departure are recommended for all Executive Committee candidates. Travel arrangements should be made accordingly.
For more Information on eligibility requirements, please read the online petition form in its entirety. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Tso at the UNITY office (480) 718-9793, or the current members of the Executive Committee.