National UNITY Council Election Petition Now Open: Join the Executive Committee Today!
Each year, during the National UNITY Conference, there is a National UNITY Council business meeting that takes place. It is here the voting members (one male and one female from every affiliated youth council and affiliated individual members of UNITY) elect new members to the National UNITY Council Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is comprised of t Co-Presidents, one male and one female, and ten Area Representatives to represent the ten geographical regions within the UNITY network.
The ten geographical areas and the states included in each are defined as follows:
- Great Plains – Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Midwest – Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Northwest – Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Northwest – Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alaska
- Pacific – California, Hawaii
- Rocky Mountains – Montana, Wyoming
- SouthEast – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
- Southern Plains – Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas
- Southwest – Colorado, New Mexico
- Western – Arizona Nevada, Utah
Your online petitions must be filed and successfully submitted by the due date, Friday, June 7th, 2019, at 11:59pm (Pacific Daylight Time).
- Candidate eligibility will be confirmed before ballots are prepared.
- Confirmed candidates will have the opportunity to offer a speech to their constituents before the National UNITY Conference Business Meeting.
- Candidates must be present at the National UINTY Conference in Orlando, Florido, July 4-8, 2019.
- If elected, a mandatory Executive Committee orientation will take place in the morning on July 8th. Late evening flights for departure are recommended for all Executive Committee candidates. Travel arrangements should be made accordingly.
Applying for an NUC Executive Position is a 3 Step Process:
STEP 1: June 7, 2019 NUC EC Applications are due
- Online Application Form: https://unityinc.org/national-unity-council-election-petition-now-open/
STEP 2: June 15, 2019 the Youth Council and Individual End of the Year Online Reports are Due (only online reports are accepted)
- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UNITYyouthreport (Note Individuals fill out the same link, just put N/A in the questions that don’t apply to you).
- Note: One Youth Council will be selected for the UNITY Youth Council of the Year Award based on these reports
STEP 3: June 28, 2019 UNITY Membership Dues are due:
- 3 ways to Pay:
- Many Youth Council have chosen to pay with dues at the same time as their Registration this year through the online registration company. Questions? Call: 985-801-0678 -Email: UNITY@american-tradeshow.com
- Members can also mail their checks or money orders to:
- 953 E. juanita Ave. Suite C Mesa, AZ 85204
- (If payments are “on their way”, members must be able to provide proof/documentation that payment has been sent).
- Pay Dues Online Here: https://unityinc.org/donations/financial-contribution-to-unity-inc/
- Note: Only those who pay before June 28th, will be able to vote and participate in the Business Meeting during the National Conference. On-site Membership Payments will only allow members to vote during the 2020 MidYear Conference. (This allows adequate time for the Accounting Department and Registration to provide an accurate list of paid Membership to everyone)
For more Information on eligibility requirements, please read the online petition form in its entirety. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Joshua Tso at the UNITY office (480) 718-9793, or the current members of the Executive Committee.