National UNITY Council Election Petitions Now Available
2017 – 2018 National UNITY Council Area Representative & Co-President Election Petitions are now available online.
Each year, during the National UNITY Conference, the National UNITY Council business meeting takes place. It is here that voting members (one male and one female rep from an aﬃliated youth council and aﬃliated Individual members of UNITY) elect to the Executive Committee, two Co- Presidents and ten Area Representatives to represent ten geographically deﬁned areas of the UNITY Network.
National UNITY Council – Regional REP, CLICK HERE.
National UNITY Council – Co-President, CLICK HERE.
The ten geographical areas and the states included in each are deﬁned as follows:
- Great Plains – Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Midwest – Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Northeast – Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Northwest – Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alaska
- Pacific – California, Hawaii
- Rocky Mountains – Montana, Wyoming
- Southeast – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
- Southern Plains – Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas
- Southwest – Colorado, New Mexico
- Western – Arizona, Nevada, Utah
Your online petitions must be filed and successfully submitted by the due date, Wednesday June 7, 2017, at 5:00 PM (AZ – Mountain Time).
- Candidate eligibility will be confirmed before ballots are prepared.
- Confirmed candidates will have the opportunity to offer a speech to their constituents before the National UNITY Conference business meeting.
- Candidates must be present at the National UNITY Conference in Denver CO, July 7 – 10, 2017.
- If elected, a mandatory EC Orientation will take place July 10, immediately following the conference. Late evening flights for departure are recommended for all EC candidates. Travel arrangements should be scheduled accordingly.
For more information on eligibility requirements, please read the online petition form in its entirety.
Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact LorenAshley Buford or Josh Tso at the UNITY oﬃce (480) 718 – 9793 or the current members of the Executive Committee.