NCAI Launches 2020 Native Vote Efforts
with Star-Studded Virtual Rally
Click Here To Watch
NUC Executive Committee Member Anthony Tamez-Pochel, recent UNITY 25 Under 25 Awardee, will be featured in the upcoming Native Vote Virtual Rally. The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) President Fawn Sharp and UNITY Alumni DJ Emcee One will co-host the Native Vote Taking Action in 2020 Virtual Rally. This event will serve as the official kick-off for NCAI’s Native Vote initiative for 2020 and will stream live online via NCAI’s Facebook and YouTube channels to launch voter engagement in one of the most important years for civic engagement in Indian Country.
The evening’s lineup features appearances by:
· Congresswoman Deb Haaland (NM)
· Mark Trahant, Indian Country Today and The Trahant Report
· Natalie Landreth, Native American Rights Fund
· OJ Semans, Sr., Four Directions, Inc.
· Shelly Diaz, Native Vote Coordinator, Minnesota
· Nichole Donaghy, Native Vote Coordinator, North Dakota
· Jasha Lyons-Echohawk, Native Vote Coordinator, Oklahoma
· Lindsey McCovey, Native Vote Coordinator, California
· Teresa Melendez, Native Vote Coordinator, Nevada
· Travis Lane, Native Vote Coordinator, Arizona
· Anthony Tamez-Pochel, Youth Board Member, Center for Native American Youth
Native Vote is a legacy, nonpartisan voting initiative of NCAI which focuses on the key pillars of Voter Registration and Get-Out-The-Native-Vote (GOTNV), Election Protection, Education, and Data Collection. To read more about the Native Vote initiative, visit www.nativevote.org.