RISING SUN – Reducing the Incidence of Suicide in Indigenous Groups – Strengths United through Networks Toolkit
The RISING SUN toolkit was the culmination of a community-based and consensus-building process to identify common outcomes and their measures for evaluating suicide prevention efforts across the circumpolar North.
It’s objective is to provide a web-based toolkit that facilitates the use of a common language for data sharing, assessments, and the interpretation of research findings related to suicide prevention in the Arctic region.
The RISING SUN toolkit is designed to include:
- Information on the determinants of suicide across the Arctic
- A general introduction to suicide prevention efforts in circumpolar Indigenous communities
- Guidance on how to alleviate this public health threat and lessons learned from communities that have successfully implemented effective suicide prevention interventions
- A collection of community-based, prioritized outcomes and measures to assess the impact and effectiveness of suicide prevention interventions being implemented across the circumpolar Arctic
- Strategies with best practices for using the toolkit
“When you have a strong sense of who you are, there is no room in your heart for self-destruction.” – Alaska Native Elder