UNITY is now accepting in-person Speed Workshop submissions to be presented during the 2022 Virtual UNITY Midyear Conference from Friday, February 25, through Sunday, February 27. Speed workshops will happen on Saturday, February 26, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Please note that slots are limited and you will be notified if your workshop is selected. Submission deadline: Friday, January 7, 2022. This is an interactive opportunity for you to engage with Native youth.
To submit for a speed workshop presentation, click here.
What is a Speed Workshop?
Similar to speed dating, presenters will have 25 minutes to present on a specific topic (see suggested subject matters below.) Native youth participants will select the workshops to participate in. There will be four rounds, meaning you will present four times with a 5-minute break between each round.
Please remember – this format of “workshopping” is meant to keep your audience engaged and learn in a safe and positive environment, we challenge you to be fun and creative with your video workshop.
Subject matters may include (but are not limited to):
- CAREER: Higher Education, Fellowship Programs, STEM-related Education, Politics and Leadership, and Financial Planning
- CULTURE: Language and Culture Retention Programs/Models, Using the Arts as a Means of Retaining Culture, NAGPRA/Historic Preservation, and Using Culture as a Means to Live a Healthy Life;
- ENVIRONMENT: Global Warming, Environmental Issues Confronting Tribal Communities, Careers and Opportunities in Environmental Sciences, Political Issues Involving Our Planet; and
- HEALTH: Physical, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Violence, Wellness Programs, Fitness, and Active Lifestyles.
UNITY serves Native American and Alaska Native youth ages 14-24 years old. Your content should be appealing and directed to youth in this age range. There is high interest in Peer-to-Peer workshops. Youth and youth councils are encouraged to submit proposals.
Please note: Honorariums are not provided for workshop presenters.
Email questions to Carmen with our events team at email@example.com. Thank you again for your interest!
To register or reserve a hotel room, visit:
- To register, click here.
- Reserve a room at the: MIDYEAR HOTEL