Your chance to Inspire Hope and win prizes!
UNITY needs your help to promote the “I Will Live” message during the month of September. UNITY youth leaders adopted the “I Will Live” initiative many years ago as a way to help youth share messages of hope with their peers. Affiliated youth councils and individuals now have the opportunity to continue this tradition by participating in a poster contest. UNITY has established safe messaging guidelines that promote information and resources to support youth suicide prevention. The poster contest ends September 14 so you need to act quickly! It’s a win-win! Aside from encouraging your peers, you will have an opportunity to win prizes! But first, please review the criteria below.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The artwork contest is open to all affiliated youth councils and individual members ages 14 – 24
- Designs should be completely original
- Hand-drawn, photos and digital entries will be accepted
- Incorporate a “I Will Live” Message of Hope (Encouraging Help-seeking behaviors, or words of inspiration for Native youth)
- Include one Suicide Prevention resource on your poster
- Winning submissions will require group or individual bio and headshot for recognition
- Make sure to include the hashtags #IWillLive #WeNeedYouHere on the Poster
- Group First Prize: Three Complimentary Registrations to either the UNITY Midyear or National Conference (choose one)
- Group Second Prize: Two Complimentary Registrations to either the UNITY Midyear or National Conference (choose one)
- Individual First Prize: One Complimentary Registration to either the UNITY Midyear or National Conference (choose one)
- Additional Prizes: $100 Gift Cards! (3 to be awarded in both group and individual categories)
Please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping UNITY promote a message of Hope.