Join UNITY for this free training for Native youth ages 14-25 years old who live in Arizona. Sign Up today to attend the one day training on Thursday, Feb 23, 2023, from 12pm-5pm MST brought to you in part by our partners at APS (Arizona Public Services) and Bank of America.
Registration is open to the first 75 Native youth who register!
REGISTER HERE: https://forms.gle/8KPUUFtnDi8vgnVu9
There is no fee to participate (Please make sure to make plans to eat before and after the training).
Participants do not have to be registered for the Midyear Conference to attend this free training.
Location: Main Ballroom in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Tempe
2100 S Priest Dr, Tempe, AZ 85282
Participants work in small groups with UNITY Trainers and other Arizona Native youth to go through the steps of addressing a community concern of their choice.
- Teach youth to host community asset mapping as a strength-based approach to community development.
- Teach youth to facilitate town halls, focus groups, or difficult discussions on how to identify community challenges.
- Gain youth feedback on the best ways to remove obstacles to community safety.
- Train youth on how to create their own community readiness assessments and models to measure success.
- How to create a safe place to encourage help-seeking behaviors for youth who may need support.
- Identify key community advocates and resources to strengthen youth council growth and sustainability.
- Empower youth to become more civically minded and strengthen our responsibility in tribal communities through service projects.
- Encourage young people to become powerful advocates for the transformation of the spaces in which they live.
Once you register, information will be emailed to you with more details on the training. For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org