The Indigenous Wellness Program would like to wish you and your loved ones a happy Heart Month! We’re looking forward to spending a new year with you and your families. We encourage you to attend our upcoming events this month and be on the lookout for future videos on our social media platforms.
The Indigenous Wellness Program would like to acknowledge National Nutrition Month, an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During this month, we’re encouraging everyone to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits.
- Week One: Eat a variety of nutritious foods
- Be sure to include healthful foods from all food groups and incorporate your favorite cultural foods and traditions
- Week Two: See a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Make an appointment with NATIVE HEALTH’s CDCES, Michelle Hill, to receive personalized nutrition information to meet your health goals
- Week Three: Plan your meals and snacks
- Use a grocery list to shop for nutritious foods and try to make healthy food and drink choices when away from home
- Week Four: Create tasty foods at home
- Try new flavors and foods from different Indigenous communities and enjoy your meals with friends and family, when possible